Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Kyoto to Osaka


On the evening of July 6, I decided to visit the top of Kyoto Tower. I wanted to see the Kyoto skyline at night. I was not disappointed. 

The next morning,  July 7, I made my way to Kyoto Station and headed by train to Osaka. The journey took about 75 minutes to complete. Upon arrival I made my way to the Drop Inn Osaka hostel, a short walk from the central train station. The hostel was very comfortable, clean, and had a very nice common area.

Once settled in, I made my way over to the  Umeda Sky Building, a spectacular high rise in the Kita district and a short walk from the hostel. The building consists of two main towers connected by a “Floating Garden Observatory” on the 38th floor. The elevator and escalator rides were unnerving and exciting at the same time, and the views from the observatory were incredible.

In the evening I ventured over to the HEP FIVE building to ride on the red ferris wheel located on its roof from which I had great night views of the Osaka city skyline.